Saturday 17 November 2012

My giddy aunt

So it turns out that my aunt isn't giddy, and neither am I as it happens. Nevertheless sometimes one does have to sit back and take stock. Taking stock done, I'm wondering how on earth I used to blog nearly every day, somedays even twice? How time flies. Or rather how life passes us by.

But let's not be picky, I've had a busy few weeks since saying goodbye to all my work mates and friends at work, closing the door on a chapter of my life that's taken up a quarter of it (scary thought) and sitting on my backside for four weeks watching daytime tele, walking the dog and generally being slothenly... garden leave has its perks. I've never been paid for being slothenly before.

Mores the point, I've never been made redundant before, and great timing too right before Christmas. Lucky for me, I've been in my new job a week and every day now I'm hearing from more and more work mates who are starting other jobs or have them in the pipeline. Bad times, good times, it's turning around. Redundancy pay has been and gone, threw the chunk at the bank to pay off some credit that has seen both me and Matt the Husband walking around with a spring in our step until we had the car serviced and it needed two tyres, a cambelt and a bit of TLC and I though to myself, f***ing typical - should have kept some of that cash back. It was nice while it lasted.

Grace has settled into her new routine already, flitting from day to day without a care in the world. The bags under her eyes this morning tell the true picture though as she adjusts to three and a half days in nursery and the rest with Grandma. She's  had a great week with the Children in Need activities going on, fancy dress, painting, baking. One happy child. Even ballet in her PJs... felt like I had a teenager on my hands already.

The dog is a little more unsettled as we haven't quite figured out a routine for her yet. My induction period for work is being held mostly off patch so the travelling even after one week has left me knackered and the dog in a position where she doesn't know what day it is. Still next week might bring better things, I'm trying to get her into a doggy daycare not far from us where she can run amock with 3 other dogs, have two walks and probably get lots of cuddles from Sally the woman who runs it too. Fingers crossed we can get her in there two days a week, as for me, its so important for D-Woof to keep up her social life and not turn into a hermit like her Mum.

Talking of which, Mum, get well soon x x

Back to Yorkshire again, sorry I diverted there, and I'm seeing lots of promise in this new job. It's a new role that's been created and between now and the end of the year I can work with my counterpart to shape it ready for going live in January. Exciting times. Spare a thought for me though. I'm driving a hire car at the moment, and found myself running on fumes because I couldn't figure out how to open the petrol cap. Damn you Chrysler.

After all that jazz, I'm ready for a sit down. Pity the house needs cleaning and I have a mountain of batch cooking to tackle. Toodle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment