Thursday 27 September 2012

The 3 R's

Redundancy, Redundancy, Redundancy. That, my dear, is the 'just another day in paradise' euphoria floating around in my head as we speak.

You heard right. It's not good news. Why then do I feel strangely calm as opposed to headless chicken? It's not like I don't have the tendency to headless chicken when the crap gets flung. Maybe I'm in denial.

Who am I kidding? We knew we'd close one day. The overheads just outweighed the income. Doesn't matter how many customers will be lost without us. Doesn't matter how dedicated the team are. If the financial waters are murky (which they are, always have been, trust me), then it's only a matter of time before the plug is pulled and the key gets turned.

Seems like yesterday when PB cut the ribbon on the day we opened. I thought he was a legend at the time. Such a great business man, a brilliant concept, an amazing place to be. Seems he must have had his calculator upside down when he put the business plan together though, we were doomed from the get go. Dick.

I'm not here to bitch. I've had my highs and lows with the company same as everybody else. Laughter. A lot of laughter.
Pranks. A lot of pranks.
Friends. A lot of friends. Two legs. Some with four. Or three.

And prospects. One door closes, another one opens.
Silver linings.... and no I'm not talking about my knickers.

We're in the consultation period at the moment. A white knight in the wings, if you're there, buy us out quickly! Else there'll be 101 families this Christmas eating gruel.
My Husband is the quiet type. Moreso this week than normal. I can understand it.
The dog is sulking too. She KNOWS. I'm sure of it.

And Grace. She's just oblivious. I'm a great one for doing face-on, face-off, you know?

Tomorrow's another day. Another dime, another dollar. And you can sure bet, another job application.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment