Thursday 23 February 2012

Tits and Arse

You'd be forgiven for thinking I'd turned into a white van man so rest assured you're in the right place and this is me talking. Not strictly a luxury like chocolate or dare I say it, Diet Coke, but for this year's lent I'm giving up swearing.

Pick your jaw up darling, you heard right. Between now and Easter Sunday I'm substituting the real deal for something sweeter, for example... being p***ed off will become being 'eggy'. Dropping something on the floor or stubbing my toe on my halo will see me saying 'rats'. I might even find room in my arsenal for the 'whoopsie' and 'good heavens'.

Being skint and all, I wont be contributing to a swear jar. Instead I'm going to channel my energy into making this work and sticking to something for once. We give up things for different reasons. A friend is giving up Facebook, another is giving up wine. For me it's about time I washed my mouth out and cleaned up my act - Grace is oh so attentive and the last thing I want is to be be cut up by a white van man while we're out in the car and for Grace to call him a knob head.

2 comments: