Tuesday 16 August 2011

Birthday Belle: 1 year

Wow! Your birthday has come around so quickly Grace!


It's been a rollercoaster year, I won't lie to you! That said, I have cherished every moment and can't wait for the next. My raison d'ĂȘtre has emerged and I'm so grateful after all these years of searching for the perfect career path and I have found it completely by chance. We've had our ups and downs, our good days and bad, but we have always found patience with oneanother and for the first time in my life I can admit to having real peace - I want for nothing, I long for nothing as little G is here and she is everything I need. Matt the Husband is the same - he rushes home every night after work so we can all enjoy dinner as a family before taking Grace upstairs for bathtime, snuggles and bed.

We know we are very lucky. We are grateful.

Happy birthday little Buzz - we call her that - it's short for Buzzard... She eats anything.

In twelve months Grace has come a long long way... 12 teeth, size 4 nappies and a steadily growing 2 feet 8 inches tall! Weighing in at 21lb 6oz (pre-birthday cake), Grace is going strong. No real signs of movement on the crawling/walking front, although she's jolly good at sliding around on her bottom so she can reach the things she wants. Her favourite fruit is the blueberry, cereal is weetabix and favourite dinner is definately pasta or curry... spicy of course. All this goodness has made her stretch every item of clothing in the wardrobe and she is now reliably into size 2-3 years old, mainly as her legs are so very very long.

We had a wonderful day celebrating, more on that another day when I have more time. For now, Grace - one year old.

My favourite time of day - watching Grace wake up, refreshed, bright as a button and ready to take on the day with cheer...




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you all. x Bootiful pics by the way - she's so blonde...

    ReplyDelete