Thursday 14 July 2011

White lies & Pork pies

I'm certain I read somewhere it takes 9 months to put on the weight when you're pregnant and another 9 months to shed it again. Well call in the authorities, for someone was telling porkies. Yes, it comes as no surprise that Grace is now not 9 months, but 11 months old. And is her mother back to her pre-pregnancy weight? Is she chuff. In fact I'm actually heavier than I was to start with since I have changed to a more relaxed office based job coming back from maternity leave and have dropped 2 days a week. Joy.

I gather I'm not alone either from talking to fellow post-natal friends and although this brings some comfort, there are of course the ones who gave birth at the same time as me and are perfectly able to fit back into that figure hugging dress and wear a bikini on holiday. Jealous? Hell yes.

So what's their trick? Motivation I suspect. I started by diet (operation weight loss) on Grace's 8 month anniversary or thereabouts and the thing that tickles me most is instead of losing pounds, I've added a few on. The shame of it all. My problem? Gluttony. Sheer and utter greed. Not for chocolate or crisps, just big portions of the healthy stuff we eat. Yes folks, I can gain wait following a low GL diet.

Anyway, I started swimming 3 times a week at the beginning of this month and although it's having an impact, it's also encouraging me to pick up the fork as I seem to be rewarding myself for the effort of having a splash in the pool. So here it ends - my pork pie days are over, for now at least.

I'm saying to you now that I'm cutting back on the carbs which I love and this week it's protein protein protein. I'll let you know how I get on. For the moment I'm a bit cranky as while everyone in the office stuffed a very nice looking buffet today, I nibbled away at some babybell cheeses and roast chicken. No pain, no gain.

NOW

THEN

Ciao for now :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment