Wednesday 28 April 2010

Dressing the nursery






Well the process has now begun whereby my challenge is to bring to life an otherwise pale cream painted room that is soon to be our nursery. My inspiration started when I happened across some photos on flickr of a nursery that had been accessorised by placing pretty fabric into embroidery hoops which were then hung on the wall. These looked really effective and I wanted to try to achieve something similar on a tight budget.

Donning my dusty Blue Peter hat I decided to put good use to an old cardboard box and bought some colourful wrapping paper. First cutting the discs out from the card in different sizes (attributed to my wok and popcorn bowl among others), I then wrapped them snugly in assorted papers until I had the 6 discs covered. I had some leftover paper, so I have filled two frames for the opposite wall - and voila! Quick and effective wall decorations. I can't wait to see them up on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment